Help us develop the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek.
Do you want to improve the visibility and accessibility of your cultural or scientific institution’s data, and make it available to the public? Then become a partner of the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek (DDB).
Five good reasons to get involved:
- As part of the DDB you will be making an important contribution to the democratisation of knowledge and resources.
- The DDB portal is the world’s window on the culture of Germany. Increase your exposure and raise your international profile!
- Become a member of our network and benefit from cross-sectoral exchange with other institutions.
- On request, and with no extra work on your part, your data can also appear on the Europeana culture portal.
- Participation in the DDB is free of charge.
Your material is presented in the DDB in a variety of ways, each offering its own advantages:
- Modern search and presentation tools make your material easy to call up.
- On request your data will also be presented using the API of the DDB. The API allows external applications, e.g. websites or mobile apps on smartphones and tablet computers, to access data in the DDB.
We are pleased to be able to provide you with additional services:
- We will accompany you every step of the way, from registration to entering your data into the DDB. From the outset the DDB Service Center and the specialized service desks will support you during the mapping, clearing and ingest of data.
- If you would like to have your material displayed in a more detailed thematic context, you will have the opportunity to curate your own virtual exhibition in the DDB.
- At a future date we aim to provide analysis and enrichment of data and the return of enriched material to the original institution.
Many prestigious institutions and establishments are already partners of the DDB. We look forward to welcoming you as well!
As a first step, please get in touch and register as a DDB partner. You can find information regarding registration here. Registration carries no further obligations with it. If you decide to work with the DDB, we will work with you to create the necessary technical and legal conditions.
Questions about participating in the DDB, registration or the Cooperation Agreement? Please contact us at any time by email at email@example.com.You can also find an overview of frequently asked questions under FAQ.